Hello everyone! I'm back this week(after feeling under the weather last week)with a refreshing and healthy salad based on Italian antipasto flavors. This is my first foray into making dried beans(shame!)and I was super impressed with the flavor. I usually can't get my stuff together enough to prepare anything too far ahead but if you have the time, it's fun to try some of the unusual varieties that you can't find canned. The dressing for this dish is super easy and zesty and pairs so well with the artichoke hearts and tender mozzarella. Enjoy!
Artichoke, Heirloom Bean and Mozzarella Salad:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice(1 lemon)
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 8-10 mint leaves
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 7 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella balls
- 2 cans artichoke hearts(packed in water), drained and halved
- 1 cup cooked heirloom beans
- In a food processor or mini prep, blend together first seven ingredients until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine dressing with beans and artichoke hearts and set aside.
- On a platter, arrange lettuce and scatter the mozzarella balls(I like to tear them in half for a rustic look) on the top evenly. Spoon artichoke bean mixture over the salad and drizzle desired amount of dressing evenly on the top. Serve room temperature.